Wednesday, May 23, 2018

WHY BOTHER ABOUT ENGLISH ANYWAY?

And so i bumped into one ex classmate and got amazed i could compose and narrate professionally in all my telescreen packages. I honestly knew you could script better than you spoke in English, ran his joke. I agreed, but time is racing so does humanity. i can now speak as fluent as my vernacular. but one thing i assured, it never bothered me to have known a foreign language. if i never knew it suppose it wasn't a requirement on all points of entry i would have been grad i never spent my time learning the tongue provided my mother tongue was rich in all science and philosophy. now a black mans knowledge is measured by how much he speaks a western tongue and more praise is given to a black man who has said he has completely forgotten his mother tongue. it may be difficult to bring such people to terms that they never overlook or even making one language superior than the other which ever is your strength shouldn't act like a primitive undertaking. like one primitive teacher who pronounced 'perfectly' as 'po-fall-ktly' and despised those that had a hard tongue despite communicating correctly. She said that should be a standard to speak like the Brits do; like making one twist his tongue which i never saw as a crime among Germans, Russians, French, Indians or Chinese. Anyway the teacher was fooled to have had her tongue colonised not knowing that she found her place in a wrong location. like my classmate, i have met several people who wants that foreign language perfection. based on what my fellow liberalised black men have come to learn about mis-education of Africans, it may even be appropriate to despise western languages. It will be understandable to even imprison people who will be ignorant in this information age because it does not require tertially education to know the truth of everything around but merely ones capability to read and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Chat with the Tax Man

Task man said, “I am extremely happy that many of my relatives are in your country, the latest been internet tax.  “But why are you happy ...