Wednesday, May 23, 2018

ON RELIGION.


One man walked up to me. Gave me an invitation to get to his church, i asked why i should be there. He responded because jesus loves me and that the spirit has directed him to speak to me and also that its a requirement in the bible to gather with church goers for spiritual encouragement. I burried that invitational paper in my pockets and we saw each other off. In a space of 2 months i received about three invitations from different denominations of which i turned down. The only time i read the last invitation was before washing after suspecting some loose money in one of my pockets. Like a vulture, i patiently read word by word what the printed words meant. But most eye catching was the cover picture that contained some sort of a familiar man among addent church goers. And below where captions, come for deliverance, come for healing and miracles. The first cover was enough for me to turn down the very invitation. It didnt qualify for invitation but marketing. Change in human tradition has read to things such as beliefs tuned to impress the same change. Christian friends defend that invitation but in all scepticism i pity friends who make the defence. They are seeds that fell on hard rock, no matter the water and manure, they fell to spring forth. My debates become like two strong supporters of political parties or football teams. As long as everyone has enough time in the world, they can debate all decades without either succumbing. But only one of the two speaks the truth. Its difficult to change someones belief but if my debaters one day have an open mind, they will cry to learn how much they have been lied to. An example is belief in santa claus or christmas. It may take ages to get over such a belief rooted in them since birth. Its simple, i would have gone there after an invite but why putting up those irrelevant poster that could not move my spirit. Miracles? Have seen so much and sounds like a cliche now. The argument maybe that it brings people close to God, but does having money determine that all friends chanting your name are truly for you? They just need service and help. Those that invite due to mirracles are at the same risk, most of these have been disbanded after each one walks away with a miracle. People need free things not to listen to serious things. It bleeds to turn around to see the same mediocrity as desparation mounts on people. I yearn for such a message that will tell the truth not to impress humans such as jesus sermons on the mountain that could really get me down on my knees. No where to run to than flip bible pages on your won. Thats where sense becomes true. But someone will say it needs interpretation from a man with a spirit, but they eventually contradict themselves on one verse. And no one can argue, they are all led by a suspected holy ghost.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Chat with the Tax Man

Task man said, “I am extremely happy that many of my relatives are in your country, the latest been internet tax.  “But why are you happy ...